Hi Garry

Am 17.06.11 23:45, schrieb NoOp:
In the past I'd answered a few questions regarding OOo ECCN[1] and
pointed the poster to Sun's ECCN[2]. What are the implications for LO
general with regards to ECCN? I do see that Novell/Attachmate Group do
list an ECCN for LO[3] with a category of 5D992.

Given that questions eventually will come up regarding LO & ECCN by US
Government/Business users,...

As I can see, the Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) is an
issue dealing with /exports from US/.
AFAIK LO is not a US Product nor exported from within US (not even
hosted there) and therefore this should be a no-issue :-)

But it is a good point for future decisions regarding the physical
location of the repository and download servers - it should be made sure
that it is not (only) US!
I remember some people fom smartmontools having serious problems with
sourceforges policies regarding that issue:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/12132
( i. e.: "...By default, software downloads initiated by visitors from
Sudan, North Korea, Syria, Iran and Cuba are blocked...")
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Altmann