On 6/16/11 2:05 AM, Robert Derman wrote:

I noticed in the following list that there is no one from North America.
I am just a bit concerned about this. Should I be?

I am generally managing contacts with journalists based in the US, although this sometimes means that I have to work quite late at night. I easily cover up to 6PM EST (3PM PST), but sometimes even later.

Yesterday I had a Skype conversation with a journalist based in San Francisco at 4PM PST (1AM CET).

I personally don't see a real problem. US media are the most sophisticated (when we look at technology), and we don't have any media professional inside our US community. Of course, we can provide a media training (and this is something that we will organize at the conference in Paris, and we could organize the first time I will cross the ocean).

For the time being, US journalists are starting to consider myself as their TDF media interface.

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com