Ian Lynch wrote:

On 5 June 2011 14:10, todd rme <toddrme2178@gmail.com> wrote:

If that means using some licenses that are
less than ideal from a philosophy point of view then so be it.

That argument cut both way... except that apparently in your model,
'philosophies' or more exactly 'principles'
should be dropped for the 'greater good' as long as these are not _your_
principles.

and as a side note...

* I find it extremely arrogant and insulting for a project that hasn't even
built anything yet to self-proclaim itself as 'upstream'.

* I find the argument: 'it's not our fault, Oracle made us do it by
releasing they code under AL2" very unconvincing.
I feel it is like saying.. well Joe offered me that present wrapped in my
favorite color... it was a loaded gun without safety... what else could I do
but start shooting ? You're entitled to do as you want... but this attempt
to wash your hand of any responsibility for the consequences of your
actions... and even better to preemptively point a finger to the group that
has been working very hard to get that stick out of the proverbial mud it
was in, is - how to I put that nicely - objectionable...

Norbert

PS: when I use 'you' above, I don't mean necessarily _you_ personally, but
_you_ as in the group that promote this move.