Hi Henri, *,

M Henri Day schrieb:
2011/5/28 Stefan Weigel <stefan.weigel@bildungskreis.org>
Am 28.05.2011 19:44, schrieb M Henri Day:

If the respective helppacks and langpacks can be included in stable
versions of OO for non-English languages, I fail to understand why
the same thing cannot be done for LO versions.  But perhaps I am
missing something here ?...

As far as I know, it´s an issue of data volume on the download
servers.

Stefan

Which, no doubt, is an question of money.

If I got it right it's more a matter of time. The builds are created on
the developers machines and then uploaded for distribution. As well
building all that packages containing the base package again and again
and further upload them, slow down the release process heavily.

Thanks, Stefan, that
explains it. Sometimes liberty is not that easy to seize !...

On our DVD-Image we have modified the procedure for deb installation
(DVD is repo) and as well the windows installation. Maybe this is the
way to go. Would You like to setup a swedish DVD-Image?
The environment is prepaired and as well a german version You could copy
and translate ;o))

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich