On 2011-03-20 12:34 PM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
On 3/20/11 5:18 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:
Adding the ability to have multiple documents as tabs in one window
would be great - as long as there is a choice.

Meaning, I can have multiple windows if I want, and/or drag-n-drop a tab
out into its own window (and vice-versa)... an option to set a default
(open new docs in tabs, or as separate windows) would be best...
Thats what I was tryign to get at allow it to be a customizable option
that can be turned on or off.

Apologies for it not being clear.
Still not really clear though...

Just so I'm clear, the option I mentioned would only be for the
*default* behavior (ie, when opening a new document, does it get opened
into an existing window as a new tab, or as a separate window).

You should still be able to move a tab to a separate window or
vice-versa on the fly whenever you want, without having to change an
option, just like you can with Firefox (and most other browsers now).

Ahhh ok. the lightbulb just turned on. I am plus 1 for this. it would be great to try and consolidate multiple windows into one if the user so desires.