On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 5:48 PM, abenglen <abenglen@bellsouth.net> wrote:

I have to admit to being totally frustrated now.  I cleared any reference to
OpenOffice and LibreOffice from the registry, AND, even though neither
OpenOffice, LibreOffice nor StarOffice were listed as installed programs at
Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, I found and removed some directories
(and files) of OpenOffice, LibreOffice and StarOffice just in case that is
the reason for the conflict.  I even changed the anti-virus program on my
computer thinking that may be where the problem is, all to no avail.  When
the installation stops (hangs) at about 4/5th the way on the progress bar,
both the NEXT and BACK buttons are ghosted, but I can click on CANCEL which
prompts a warning window asking if I am sure I want to cancel the
installation.  When I click on YES, nothing happens, and the only why to
clear the installation window(s) is by using "End Task" of the Windows Task
Manager.  Using "Alt + Tab" did not show any other warning screen.  I am
reluctant to do anything else in the Registry without specific guidance.  I
don't know what to do, but I need to be able to use the Calc part of either
OpenOffice of LibreOffice.  As far as I can tell I am not having any other
problems on my computer.  Thanks for any other help

Can you run the file libreoffice33.msi through this utility:

http://www.installsite.org/files/iswi/MsiTools.zip

and then enable the logging "[*] - All Options" after choosing a log
file. That log file will help us to find the problem.

Jesús Corrius <jesus@softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member
Mobile: +34 661 11 38 26
Skype: jcorrius | Twitter: @jcorrius