On 09/02/2011 11:12, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Le 09/02/11 11:49, Alan Reeve a écrit :

Hi Alan,

As there has been no response, can I ask if I have put my request into
the wrong forum or are there too many other organisational problems
being addressed presently?

I would say, "Yes" and "Yes" to both those questions, whilst qualifying
the second as "too many other bugs to hunt down and sort out which are
not related to Base".

The Base module has, as far as I know, and I would gladly stand
corrected, no specifically assigned experienced developer / programmer
which knows the Base module well enough to deal with these problems. Add
to that the fact that many of the current bugs are actually present in
OOo 3.3.0, i.e. introduced by the OOo development team, then it is
likely considered a waste of resources for the LibO team to deal with
something that may, possibly, get handled by Oracle.

As to your bug correction request, you would be better off filing a bug
report at freedesktop.org, which is where TDF has decided that all such
reports should be filed, or even better still with Oracle.

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for your response. So far as I can see, the problem does not lie in Base but within the Text Document (Writer) modules. The address line suppression should form part of the "Print from Base" window in Text Document after you have inserted fields from your database. The Writer program responds with the wording "Your document contains database address fields. do you want to print a form letter?" When you respond "Yes", then a further box comes up with the database selected and just asks you to confirm whether you wish to send the files to "Printer" or "File".

I have hesitated to show this as a bug, because the program is not wrong, it just does not do enough. Is that a bug?

Alan