Would it be legitimate and useful for a private US citizen to set up a Kickstarter with the
stipulation that the funding would all be donated to the TDF legal entity in Germany?

If this approach is sound, then I or another US-based volunteer could set it up. When the campaign
finishes and is disbursed, we'd transfer the money to TDF.

Clear messaging on the campaign information pages would eliminate any likely misunderstandings from
donors and supporters.

-Ben