Re: [tdf-discuss] Introduction/New Website Bugs
On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Daniel Neel <email@example.com> wrote:
Hello all. My name is Daniel Neel and I'm interested in working on
LibreOffice's new Drupal-based web site. I have experience developing with
(X)HTML and CSS on a couple of web sites and have dabbled with Python and
other technologies from time to time.
Anyways, I reviewed the new LibreOffice web site and recorded issues I
found. Is it possible for me to fix these bugs myself, or would I need to be
granted commit rights?
Web site bugs
All notes taken using Chromium 8.0.552.237 (70801) Ubuntu 10.10, referring
to the Drupal web site at http://libreofficeaustralia.org/
- the sub menu of the "LibreOffice" item doesn't appear to align along the
navigation bar's left edge, while the other items align correctly
- "Take a tour to explore the functions and features of LibreOffice" should
inlude a period after "LibreOffice" - all other items end in periods.
- The shadows under each image might look better feathered a bit more, with
less hard edges
- The shadow under the puzzle icon doesn't appear centrally aligned
while the other shadows do
- "Login or register to post comments Older polls" - might be useful to
have the links highlighted/underlined, as they're (in chrome 8)
indistinguishable from normal text without mousing over them.
- Also in chrome 8 and firefox 3.6 the "Older polls" item should be on a
new line - currently a little confusing
- url doesn't follow the naming convention of other LibO products. Listed
as "../features/libreoffice-calc" rather than "../features/calc"
- This also might affect the page's title which is "LibreOffice Calc |
LibreOffice.org" when it should be "Calc | LibreOffice.org", going by the
other product pages
- also is the cause of a broken link on the Features page
- uses an old Apple logo - not sure if their newer logos are available for
use or not
- also uses an old Ubuntu logo rather than the updated ones (located here:
- "Discover new possibilities", "Extensions make document creation fun.",
"Explore and install now" - inconsistent use of periods
- Space between heading and start of page content inconsistent with other
pages (the space between "Features" and "LibreOffice is a comprehensive...")
- Inconsistent spacing between heading and start of page content
- Items in the large list aren't presented in the same order as in the
- Page titles are inconsistent (see Project Teams and Forums vs the other
- Contains links to two seperate Quality Assurance team pages, each with
- Sub-forum titles become un-aligned depending on if there's an icon to the
left of them (see mail icon) and if the thread has a mail icon and a
description of the sub-forum
(potentially in other cases as well)
- Assuming the language bar should go below the "To suggest a news article
please contact the News Editor team" section.
All product pages (LibreOffice/... Calc/Writer/etc)
- Inconsistent spacing between the navigation bar and the start of the
Thanks for your interest in the development. We are currently focusing
on the development of the libreoffice.org site in order to get the
site up quickly. The site you are looking at has a longer term
approach and is not going to be complete in the short term.
We are organising a conference call soon to gather the website team
together in order to better coordinate this work. It would be great if
you could come along.
I will add these items to the list of actions for the Drupal
development, but I would not expect to see anything actioned here for
at least the next few weeks due to the urgency of the live site.
Thanks for contributing, and we would love to see you get involved in the team.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy