On Jan 9, 2011, at 16:04 , RGB ES wrote:

https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/forums/
They are "hidden" (no link on the help page) and you cannot post on
them yet, but they exists and you can register ;) So my question is:
how those forums will be organized? There will be one for each local
site or only one on English? Categories? Organization (moderators,
etc.)?

Good stuff, Ricardo.

I would imagine that the main headers will have to reflect the structure of the mailing lists, such
as users, website, documentation, discuss, moderators and I believe there are one or two others
that I'm not subscribed to.  I assume there is some way to determine which ones one has access to.
I wouldn't expect anyone but moderators and of course the systems people to have or need access to,
say, the moderators forum for example.  And there might be a small section for off-topic stuff,
such as a forum called introductions, where people could say hello, etc.   Somewhere, perhaps in
the OT section, there should be a forum for suggestions and requests.

Within users, there should be the usual subdivisions of, say, getting, installing, and then one for
each of the applications.  Also an announce forum, which might be read-only.

I'm assuming the moderators can fix so-called sticky threads, ones which remain at the top of the
subdivision, such as forum rules, etc.  And I'm also assuming that the moderators can move threads
if they appear in the wrong subdivision or even division.  And might even have the ability to make
a person's account read-only if (s)he gets too stroppy.  That way the stroppy person can still see
the messages, but cannot post except perhaps by sending a post to the moderators.

Naturally one expects that it will grow organically, and fora and sections will be added as they
seem to be necessary, but it would be good to have a basic structure in place when it opens.

And BTW, I assume that there will be a prominent link on - preferably - the home page called Forum.

//James