I am coming 180 on this idea of lists, I think the fewer the best. The
pulverization of lists, will actually weaken marketing efforts. I would hate
to come to a project and have to sign to 10 based on my gender, language,
location, race, specialty, etc just to find that I am the only one on that
list. The more people we can get on a single efforts the best it could be. I
dont see any conflict having efforts happening in 10 different countries all
being solved withing one unique list.

As opposed to forum topics, lists are dividers, as opposed to a global
search on a forum that could go across different topics, on a list, you are
restricted to your inbox search and usually just go through that specific
list.

I agree that fewer are better. The LibO marketing team is the organisation underwhich the Libo USMarketing resides. See it more as a branch of the main Marketing Team. The concern was really about concentrating efforts of marketing the LibO brand in the US where it has not seen enough in the past. I think that this is a very good move and will allow the US Marketing Team to better organise and plan marketing events.

You may want to continue this thread on the marketing mailist if you want feedback from the individuals on the LibO Marketing Team.

Cheers,

Marc Paré
Canadian Marketing Team Member

Archives: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/marketing/