On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 15:48 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 15:32 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
That *may* work between Latin-based languages, but those on-line
translation services are pretty horrible at translating between CJK
and Latin, especially when going from CJK to Latin.

Hmm... Actually the Google one does a better job than Yahoo Babel Fish
as it turns out (just tested it now).  Still, I think we are 10 years
too early to expect solid machine translation that we can rely on to
have a single-language communication medium.

Perhaps in 10 years... ;-)

Hello Kohei

Piping in here - I've tried the computer translation route and for many
languages it is pretty good. Japanese like you say, a bit of a problem
still.

Just my .02 worth

Drew