Hello again,

Thanks very much, Drew, for your balanced, friendly response. And thanks
for the welcome, I'm glad to be here.

I didn't mean to sound angry or pushy in my last message, sorry if it came
across that way. I'm just keeping an eye on these developments and
responding to objections or questions as they arise. Meanwhile I'm content
to wait for the consensus of the community and take suggestions. At any
rate, the LibreOffice forum is available for anyone who wants to use it,
but nobody is forced to do so, of course. I'll be here to help as much as
I can.

Thanks again for helping to deal with all these needs of so many people.

Take care,
Sam

Hi Sam,

Not sure anyone has said this, so I will:

Welcome to our community.

A couple of quick thoughts:

It gets a bit raucous at times.

There are lots of things needing doing right now.

Somewhere in the conversation about forums it came up that it costs
money to run one - it does. The beauty of a community however is that
you are not alone.

The downside of a community is, at times, that you are not alone, and
getting consensus from a group of individuals takes time.

Some of your ideas are already being discussed by the volunteer group at
the community forums, and there are additional web resources that are
going to need building over the next few months, beyond just forums.

There is room, there is always room, for someone interested and
motivated to help.

Sincerely,

Drew