Hmmm, I kind of think that there is a need for different forums.
LibreOffice and OpenOffice are two different projects now that will start
to diverge more and more as time goes on. I am sure there will be unique
bugs and unique features for both suites.

Do you realize we are talking about COMMUNITY forums? If the COMMUNITY
feels LibO is better than OOo, the COMMUNITY will move to the new
project and then the already existing content on those forums will
EVOLVE to support those future differences.
"Split your enemy forces and win" is as valid as "Split your own
forces and lose".
Rejecting the bulk of information gathered on community forums is not wise.
That was already said, but let me insists:
THE EXISTING COMMUNITY FORUMS ARE NOT A SUN/ORACLE PROJECT, THEY
BELONG TO THE COMMUNITY.
The agreement with Sun when they offered hosting for the forums was
that forum government and contents belongs to the COMMUNITY: the same
community that TDF is trying to gather around itself.
If community goes the road of LibO then the community forums will also
take that road, that's all. Maybe we (I'm one of the NL admins on OOo
community forums) will need to change servers (who knows!), BUT WE ARE
PART OF THE COMMUNITY, and everything on our forums is working NOW.
As already stated, we are offering support to early LibO testers
(almost all our volunteers already installed the beta). Look at the
banner on English and Spanish forums, for instance:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php
http://user.services.openoffice.org/es/forum/index.php
LibO is mentioned there...