El 06/10/10 10:21, Andre Schnabel escribió:
Hi all,

for the moment (or better for the initial period) the
Steering Committe is the governing instance of TDF. But this will change.

We understand, that there are questions, how the committee was
elected, how it is supposed to work, etc ... I will follow up on
this later (or maybe tomorrow). We are aware, that we need to
give more information on this.

Tank you Andre. Your words are music for my [eyes|ears] :-)

For the moment, just some basic rules, we defined, when we elected
the Committee:

- all members must be accepted community contributors at OpenOffice.org
  (therefore we have a good number of OOo Community Council members)

I agree.

- members should cover all aspects of our community, including developers
 (code hackers), general development (supporting tasks like QA,
  marketing, documentation), l10n / native-lang, user community and
  stakeholders

Work is needed on this point. Is a priority!

- the Steering Committe must work on the bylaws for the future governing
  body and end it's own existence, as soon as this body is operational

+1

- the Steering Committe will end it's existence 1 year the latest after
  public announcement (or earlier, if a the future commitee is operational)

+1

Definition of the future governing body needs to be done with all of
you - the community. I hope, we can start this process soon. But first
we need to hand over some other tasks, like moderating the mailing lists,
handling infrastructure ... these are very busy days.

+1

hope that helps,

Help too much!