Thanks, Christoph. I've long been interested in wikis and the capabilities they can provide, the
data structures and usage patterns that tend to work well, and the various wiki platforms
available. I've read "Wikipatterns," which is a book I recommend to others interested in this
subject. Much of its information is available on its website: http://www.wikipatterns.com/

I am a fan of MediaWiki, but I think we should consider other wiki platforms as well. My
recommendation, in fact, is Foswiki (http://foswiki.org/), which forked from TWiki about a year
ago, and is GPL 2.0-licensed. (Their experience was similar to what we're going through with
LibreOffice's birth right now.)

Foswiki's got some advanced features that we could really use, including separate "webs" that
isolate major logical sections from one another (and allow different access permissions for each
web, so that a Community Council group, for example, could maintain a private web for internal
discussions). It offers a good WYSIWYG text editor, allows dynamic pages for things like to-do
lists, and has extensions that provide extra functionality. It also supports macros and forms that
let you build applications within the wiki itself, which would let us do some really cool stuff.

I've got a lot more to say on the subject, but don't want to start off with too large a soliloquy.
I'm looking forward to what others say on this subject as well.

-Ben