Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan

Hi Italo,

I got a few questions regarding the branding part of the plan, p46-p53.

It seems that the need of "editions" is deemed to be necessary, and the
"target audience" has been selected as the differentiate criteria
implicitly.
My impression as a user regarding LibreOffice Personal ( or Individuals,
Individuals WFH, students ) vs LibreOffice Enterprises is that they might
be different in their features, where LibreOffice Enterprise might have a
bunch of features that suits best in enterprise environments. However I
wonder if it is really possible to make such kind of differentiation. In
reality, LibreOffice TBD will be controlled by contributors. Unless someone
invest energy explicitly, the feature of LibreOffice TBD will not match its
name. Eventually it might be very hard to differ it from LibreOffice
Enterprise.

Or do we want to differentiate is the support status of LibreOffice itself,
ex,
LibreOffice without professional support subscription
LibreOffice with professional support subscription from certified ecosystem
company X.

( I know these are too lengthy to be a good label and the wording of the
first one might not feel comfortable. )

Or maybe the life cycle that differs.
LibreOffice half-year-supported-release v.s LibreOffice LTS from ecosystem
company

Or maybe by the maintainers / technical support person
LibreOffice community vs LibreOffice enterprise
(despite everything you mentioned in p50)

I'm not a marketing person at all, so
I'm just trying to understand the intention and hope I found something that
helps.

Best Regards.

Italo Vignoli <italo@libreoffice.org> 於 2020年7月15日 週三 下午10:07寫道: