Re: [board-discuss] LOOL user experience

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Armando Rodriguez wrote on 22/05/2020 23:33:
> El 2020-05-22 17:26, Cor Nouws escribió:

>> It would be good to hear what you think of today's board meeting, and
>> what has been presented there about community health and ecosystem.
>> (Well, we tried to chat later, but kitchen duties were calling me ;) )
>
> What I think is no one can get such answer from TDF channel, period.

I understand what you mean, sure. I have no idea about that conversation
in a whole, so can't judge. But at least it's a fair representation of
the status quo at that moment, from that point of view.

>> That is a reasonable possible way of looking at it, for sure.
>> TDF's mission speaks about "software made available for everyone ..
>> freely and without restrictions". So indeed you can read that as
>> 'binaries for business use without payment', but just as reasonable as
>> 'code for all individuals without restrictions'. Or maybe even
>> interpretations in between :)
>
> No one is talking of the first, and I'm reading it over and over again
> with different wording.

That is what happens: depending on ... whatever, you get a different
reading.
Maybe I got your words wrong. Then sorry for that. But the ideas about
free binaries for all use are there. So it's something we cannot ignore.

>> So that's the good thing for primary the board, but if needed the whole
>> community: our freedom to look at what is really wise to do for TDF's
>> mission.
>> Maybe the Ecosystem & Sustainability presentation gives some good input
>> to further talk about that aspect of how our world looks. So lets do
>> that :)
>
> If TDF offer a product for free, and states the commercial suport is up
> the ecosystem companies what's the problem?
> Whoever is looking for such support will knock their doors.

No one else then we bear responsibility to respect the statues.
"... The foundation furthers a sustainable, independent and
meritocratic community which develops Free / Libre and Open Source
Software based on open standards through international collaboration."

So please let's investigate how it works out in practice ;)

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws, member Board of Directors

GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
mobile : +31 (0)6 25 20 7001
skype : cornouws
blog : cor4office-nl.blogspot.com
jabber : cor4office@jabber.org