[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] Board of Directors Meeting 2018-08-17
- Subject: [board-discuss] Board of Directors Meeting 2018-08-17
- From: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 10:55:59 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2018-08-17
Date: Friday, August 17, 2018
Session chair: Marina Latini
Keeper of the minutes: Florian Effenberger
In the call: Thorsten (BoD), Italo (Marketing), Florian (ED), Marina (BoD), Kendy (Deputy), Cor (BoD)
Representation: Kendy for Björn
Chairwoman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairwoman or Deputy Chairman is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.
The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 4 Board of Directors members are attending the call.
The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.
The call is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 3.
The meeting commences at 14:06 Berlin time.
** In-person board meeting during LibOCon **
** Monday, September 24, 1000-1800 in Tirana **
iCal invites have been sent
concrete venue address to be determined
We should start collecting agenda items
Marina or Björn to send out the invitation w/ agenda the latest two weeks before the meeting
(i.e. the latest Sunday, September 9!)
1. Discuss: Membership committee elections (Thorsten, Florian)
Status of the membership committee elections and encouraging people to stand, plus reminder e-mail to tdf-members. Nomination period ends August 27.
* currently we have 7 candidates
* nine needed (5 plus 4)
* two more expected, perhaps one or two more from DE community
* no issues expected with affiliation limits
* Marina to send reminder email to members
2. Discuss: LibreOffice in Microsoft App Store (Michael)
How we can get LibreOffice in the Microsoft App Store.
* leave space for companies would be good (Thorsten)
* if there's engineering effort to be spent
* that said, in this case, seems pretty trivial to do that, so TDF could easily do that as part of the release process
+ but preferrably not the direction TDF should take (Kendy)
+ Thorsten concerned, in five years from now app stores might be used much more than now
* keep on the agenda for the next call when Michael is there, as he has run the communication on this
* no immediate need for action; inital publisher was told we reply ~September, app not available in the Windows Store for the time being
* maybe discuss larger topic (strategy) during LibOCon in-person meeting (Thorsten)
* but let's not delay this topic until we've reached agreement on wider strategy (Cor)
Public call ends 14:24 Berlin time.
Marina Latini (Session chair)
Florian Effenberger (Keeper of the minutes)
Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | IRC: floeff on Freenode
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Announcing Elections for next TDF Membership Committee
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, August 31th, at 1400, Berlin time
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] Self Nomination for TDF Membership Committee elections: Ilmari Lauhakangas
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, August 31th, at 1400, Berlin time