Re: [board-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Meeting Minutes for call on Wednesday Jan 10th, at 18:00 Berlin time

Hi K-J,

Thanks for your mail,

On 10/01/18 20:04, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
> Am 10.01.2018 um 20:11 schrieb Olivier Hallot:
>> Documentation meeting Minutes Wednesday January 10th 2018
>> Presents: Dave B,  Andreas K, Olivier H.
>>
>> Topics:
>> * Book cover:
>>     + By consensus of the presents, book cover #1 will be used.
>>     + https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Covers_60
>
> Funny decision: We ask the community and 69,7 % say that they want
> another cover. Then 3(!) decide to change this voting without any comment.
> Ok, the other two covers are from me so it looks like I'm annoyed with
> it as personal reasons. But I only want to tell about the next possible
> shitstorm.

Good to be sensitive to that, thanks for reporting it to the board. If
you think the situation is beyond resolution in the Documentation /
Design community - then the board might intervene. If so we can add it
to the board agenda (our next call in ~2 weeks) and get everyone into
the call to discuss; but this should be seen as a very last resort, not
a first approach.

I looked at the wiki page - there are some great designs there -
(thanks for contributing!) =) I note that three designs got around ~30%
of the vote each, making it somewhat inconclusive. Were you suggesting a
run-off between the two highest ranked or somesuch ?

Either way - I'd encourage you to talk with Olivier and the rest of the
documentation team!

My 2 cents anyhow,

Michael.

--