[board-discuss] self nomination for Board of Directors of The Document Foundation

Dear people,

With (growing) involvement in various places, it feels like a good
moment to serve on the board of our community; to me: an interesting and
challenging environment; people with many backgrounds, from different
situations and locations.
The joy we have in our contributions and how we can help each other to
do maybe even better, in directing skills for creating great products,
means a lot to me. With a focus on our shared and extended interest and
goals (short): digital freedom for all and control over ones documents
for everybody.

For the record: I run a small business in The Netherlands, Nou&Off, and
we partner with Collabora Productivity in some of our projects. I don't
think it's a conflict as meant in our statutes (§ 8 IV), but mention it
anyway.
Furthermore: currently I'm chair of the Membership Committee.
I will step down from that position soon (~next week) and I expect that
the Membership Committee will make sure that I will not be involved in
overseeing/helping these elections in a way that there can be any form
of influence from my side on the outcome.

Thanks,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws, Chairman Membership Committee

GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
mobile : +31 (0)6 25 20 7001
skype : cornouws
blog : cor4office-nl.blogspot.com
twitter : cor4office