[board-discuss] Re: Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action

Hi all,

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 10:30:58PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> If you are interested in helping with this, either as:
>
> - someone on the ground helping to organize the Hackfest
> - someone who wants to pair program with a hired certified developer at a
> Hackfest
> - someone who is just interested in joining the Hackfest in general
> - someone who helps fleshing out the details of this idea
>
> feel free to contact me. I will try to set up a team of people interested in
> getting this off the ground. As noted above, if this proves to be successful,
> this might be the start of something excited and big bringing this community
> and project to a new level!

The initial feedback here on and off board-discuss@ is encouraging, so here are
the next steps:

- I created a wiki-page to collect ideas on this:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfests/HackfestTNG
Please feel free to contribute ideas, hints and comments there!
- The next task is to nail down a date and location for the event. There is
already some interest from some local communities on this (see wiki). I hope
to be able to set up a conference call on next Sunday (September 3rd, 2017)
european afternoon. Sunday afternoon as it should allow as many interested
volunteer community members to join as possible. I (or Florian) will announce
the time here[1].
- We will also talk about topics for the Hackfest during the call, but it wont
be as urgent as time and location right now.

If you are interested in any of these topics, please feel most invited to join
the call!

Best,

Bjoern

[1] I'll ask Florian to setup the details.