Re: [board-discuss] Harassment and lack of code of conduct

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@collabora.com>
wrote:

> On 01/02/17 14:38, Simon Phipps wrote:
> > The Code should indicate that a Trustee can forfeit membership
> > for a serious breach.
>
> Interestingly, he was not a member anymore, and had been trying to
> remove himself from that mailing list for quite some time - it appears.
> So - in this (rather unusual) case, I suspect encouraging quicker
> curation of the mailing list would have avoided this problem.

I believe he was and still is a member as that category is not just a club
you can join and leave but rather a statutory duty you take on as Trustee
of the Foundation. The MC rightly acts slowly in processing both
applications to join and applications to leave as they do not want TDF to
fall foul of the law in Germany.

In this case, I believe a CoC-related termination clause would help the MC
as they would now be able to summarily remove him for a breach of this
clause, without waiting for the appropriately slow process to complete.

I also believe we should remind the Trustees that their commitment is not a
gym club membership they can tear up at reception and march off swearing.

S.