Re: [board-discuss] Harassment and lack of code of conduct

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 2:32 PM, K-J LibreOffice <k-j@libreoffice.org> wrote:

> Am 12.01.2017 um 12:24 schrieb Katarina Behrens:
>
>> Hello world & BoD,
>>
>> it has been brought to my attention that one of our (female)
>> contributors, who
>> is also a TDF member (this is why membership committee is in Cc:) has been
>> harassed in a private mail by someone who reads development and general
>> user
>> mailing list. I have the details, mail addresses etc. and can provide
>> them via
>> private channel, for obvious reasons I'm not doing that here.
>>

> We should also include João's reactions in this discussion.
> There should be a real stop to defame a member or anybody else in our
> community.
>
> Maybe if we can't get a code of conduct we should have a plan of
> reacting/blocking.

The correct place for a code of conduct that would apply to this situation
is https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/application/ where
we need an extra accptance check box for "the Foundation's code of
conduct". The Code should indicate that a Trustee can forfeit membership
for a serious breach.

S.