Re: [steering-discuss] By-Laws / BOD elections

Hello Varun

Le Wed, 17 Nov 2010 06:08:01 +0800,
Varun Mittal <varunmittal87@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Maybe we can have a JCP like system wherein all members vote.
>
> We can also give the sponsors a particular number of seats ( non-veto
> powers) to the sponsors who have supported it .
>
> I propose not exactly a JCP like system but we can look at a modified
> version of JCP voting system
>
> What do you guys feel ?

I am very much against your proposal that sponsors could have more
seats or something similar. One Member = One Vote. Clear and Simple.

OTOH, I am not familiar with the JCP voting process.
But if I may suggest: perhaps that level of details does not need to be
mentioned in the bylaws? Keep in mind that everything we put there will
automatically be difficult to change.

Best,

Charles.

--