Re: RE : Re: [steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO

Hi all,

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Stefan Weigel
<stefan.weigel@bildungskreis.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 03.11.2010 14:54, schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:
>> Hi,
>> Top posting from my phone...
>> This is not an easy answer to give. Both strategies have pros and cons. My
>> advice would be to start where we are but alter the numbering scheme wildly:
>> 3.3, 3.5 and then 4.0 instead of 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 like OOo.
>
> Ever considered a ubuntu-like numbering? (My personal favorite)
>
> 10.10 (October 2010)
> 11.04 (April 2011)

I also like the ubuntu-like numbering. What about a mix of both?

Using your examples:

3.3.10.10
3.5.11.04

Or maybe that is just too much for an average user? :)

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus@softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member