Hi Thorsten,

you are the contact person for tender proposal
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Budget2022#Unify_Writer_and_Draw_Images
The topic of this tender proposal is not very clear to me. Writer-images and Draw-images have many differences. I have collected them in the document
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Comparison_WriterDraw_image.odt

When working on 'Unify' it is necessary to know the final goal. It could be
A) Elimination of Writer-images. Writer uses only Draw-images same as all other modules. B) Use only Writer-images in Writer and convert Draw-images for use in Writer. In both cases a strategy is needed for the time having both types and for loading old documents.

I understand it so, that the item 'extract Writer border rendering & frame special code' would be a step for goal A, whereas items in regard to 'rotated images support' would be a step for goal B.

Could you please explain the proposal a little bit more and outline the final goal?

Kind regards,
Regina