On 13/01/2022 20:08, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
On 13.1.2022 21.56, Michael Meeks wrote:
     Oh - wow, I didn't know that. Wow - that is awful. That crushed my hopes for a good Firebird based future.

Alex: seems the problem existed before Aug 2016, but not anymore.
'The problem was fixed by saving (within the odb zip structure) firebird data in an endianess-independent format, called the "backup" format, in a file with extension ".fbk".'

Phew - thanks for the update! Firebird/base is back on track as the notional future =)

        Good stuff,

                Michael.