Hi *,

Paolo Vecchi wrote:
That should be added in the "## De-atticization requirements. The form could
be along the line of:

- If the parties involved in the development of the project are commercial
entities an agreement must be signed to make clear the final scope, the
benefits to the community and the eventual limitations in publishing it
following TDF's objectives.

It is notoriously hard to separate commercial from non-commercial
activities. I believe putting up more barriers to entry for people
wanting to contribute to TDF projects is not smart. But lets hear
others' opinion on that on Friday.

"This agreement, to be drafted by our legal team in collaboration with TDF's
counsel, should be added to the proposal before voting as it should be part
of the on-boarding process for projects we intend to support."

That is the same agreement we should prepare, and eventually adapt, for
"atticisided", current and new projects hosted by TDF.

Instead, the board can always decide on a case-by-case basis that more
formalities are needed.

Putting this burden on everyone **up-front** and **by default** (with
the added twist that people need to prove their contribution is not
commercial), I believe is a terrible idea. TDF would be well-advised
to have fewer, not more, hurdles for code contribution.

Let's discuss on Friday, all the best,

-- Thorsten