Dear candidate,

Now that the nomination phase is ended and we still have some more days before the start of the voting phase, as previously announced[0], we would like to ask you some questions about your views and intentions regarding The Document Foundation and your plans as potential director of the entity. While replying to this email, please ensure to keep all the recipients in copy.

1. Do you commit yourself to have enough time and the necessary technological tools in order to participate to the regularly scheduled board calls?

2. Do you commit yourself to follow up and work on (at least) the main items and actions you will volunteer to oversee or that will be assigned to you by the board?

3. What is your willingness to delegate decisions, especially in lack of time?

4. What are your views on the foundation's budget? How should the money be spent, besides our fixed costs?

5. Should we work towards broadening our pool of contributors, both technical and non-technical?

6. What actions do you suggest to increase the engagement and participation of volunteers from local communities around the world in project's activities?

7. Should the Foundation -as an entity distinct from the LibreOffice project or the Document Liberation project- engage into growing its influence and promoting and defending Free Software and Digital Freedom? It is, after all, an integral part of its mission per its very Statutes. If yes, do you have ideas on what should be done about this?

8. What's your idea to let TDF membership become more appealing? Currently, the only difference from being Community member and TDF member is the possibility to vote and be voted for TDF's governance, and it's fine, but can you imagine anything to encourage more Community members to become also part of TDF?

9. How do you view your (potential) role as a member of the board of directors, given that this position does not give you any specific functional role inside the LibreOffice or Document Liberation projects?

10. What is the biggest problem of the foundation in your opinion? What is its biggest opportunity?

11. If they will occur, how do you think to handle conflicts within the board?

On behalf of the Membership Committee,
Marina Latini

[0] https://listarchives.tdf.io/i/tFJzSYUUGcSjf0c0NtNiEOou

--
Marina Latini, Chairperson of the Membership Committee
Tel: +39 3497482812 | IRC: deneb_alpha on LiberaChat