Now that the nomination phase is ended and we still have some more days
before the start of the voting phase, as previously announced, we
would like to ask you some questions about your views and intentions
regarding The Document Foundation and your plans as potential director
of the entity. While replying to this email, please ensure to keep all
the recipients in copy.
1. Do you commit yourself to have enough time and the necessary
technological tools in order to participate to the regularly scheduled
2. Do you commit yourself to follow up and work on (at least) the main
items and actions you will volunteer to oversee or that will be assigned
to you by the board?
3. What is your willingness to delegate decisions, especially in lack of
4. What are your views on the foundation's budget? How should the money
be spent, besides our fixed costs?
5. Should we work towards broadening our pool of contributors, both
technical and non-technical?
6. What actions do you suggest to increase the engagement and
participation of volunteers from local communities around the world in
7. Should the Foundation -as an entity distinct from the LibreOffice
project or the Document Liberation project- engage into growing its
influence and promoting and defending Free Software and Digital Freedom?
It is, after all, an integral part of its mission per its very Statutes.
If yes, do you have ideas on what should be done about this?
8. What's your idea to let TDF membership become more appealing?
Currently, the only difference from being Community member and TDF
member is the possibility to vote and be voted for TDF's governance, and
it's fine, but can you imagine anything to encourage more Community
members to become also part of TDF?
9. How do you view your (potential) role as a member of the board of
directors, given that this position does not give you any specific
functional role inside the LibreOffice or Document Liberation projects?
10. What is the biggest problem of the foundation in your opinion? What
is its biggest opportunity?
11. If they will occur, how do you think to handle conflicts within the
On behalf of the Membership Committee,
Marina Latini, Chairperson of the Membership Committee
Tel: +39 3497482812 | IRC: deneb_alpha on LiberaChat
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
- [board-discuss] Board elections: questions to the candidate Jan Holešovský · Marina Latini
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy