Many thanks Paolo.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 1:32 PM Paolo Vecchi <
paolo.vecchi@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

there were no external participants at the meeting.

I appreciate the confirmation. My request to see the attendees of this part
of the meeting explicitly listed in the minutes stands however - it's
something we have done in the past and it remains important.

While we're talking terminology, I have to point out that the word
"external" is not appropriate here. MC members and Trustees are not
"external", they are in roles defined by our bylaws and statutes and are as
much a part of TDF as the directors.When the Board goes into an executive
session to conduct necessarily secret business they would usually leave
unless they have been invited to stay to contribute to the business that is
remaining secret from other Trustees and MC members. That doesn't make us
all "outsiders" no matter how often we are treated as such. Sometimes I
think the Board is more afraid of scrutiny by the Trustees and Members than
it is of the evolving market that could push LibreOffice into gradual
irrelevance.

Listing who is present is one small but important part of keeping the
various parts of the Foundation united, alongside timely disclosures of
previously secret discussions (and not just the outcomes), meaningful
ongoing disclosures of the interests of directors and officers including
indirect and "keiretsu-style" interests, and TDF-wide collaboration over
open processes. Disclosure must not be equated with exclusion; almost
everyone has an interest to declare (those of us without one are rare
animals) so disclosure has to be the dominant mode. I'll keep calling for
early disclosure to and inclusion of MC and Trustees at least until it
becomes the norm!

Cheers

Simon