Dear Simon,

On 28/10/2021 11:33, Simon Phipps wrote:
Hi Stephen

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 9:36 AM Stephan Ficht <stephan.ficht@documentfoundation.org <mailto:stephan.ficht@documentfoundation.org>> wrote:

    Am 27.10.21 um 14:17 schrieb Simon Phipps:
    > who was present in the secret part of the meeting?

    The general public has to leave after the public part has ended.
    This is
    always checked before the private part starts.

Thanks, I am well aware of both the principle and the practice and can probably guess who remained reasonably accurately.

What I am asking is that the Minutes make note of who remains in the meeting at this point, since people come and go and sometimes there may also be guests invited by the Board to this part (which is almost a separate meeting). Since secret decision-making (which is rarely fully minuted even when disclosed) occurs in the name of the Trustees in this part of the meeting it's important there's at least a public record of who gets to participate and influence the secret decisions.

there were no external participants at the meeting.

Please also note that there are no "secret part of the meeting", "secret decision-making" processes and no "secret decision". As you stated you are well aware of both the principle and the practice, you know that there are and there have always been private discussions to deal with legal matters which should be evaluated by the board before making the decisions public.

I'm sure you are also well aware that the MC receives the full minutes which include also the private part so there are no secrets.

I hope you'll find my answer satisfactory and that you understand that your use of the word "secret" in this context is not appropriate.

Cheers

Simon
Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Deputy Member of the Board of Directors