Hi Uwe!

any inbound legal matters (it's referenced on various web pages). It
comprises select staff, the Board's formal Legal Committee, and a few
former directors - all Trustees but I am not entirely sure who. We
confidentially consider licensing enquiries, DMCA letters, commercial
contract terms and other matters which would be costly for TDF to get
formal first review from a fee-charging entity. We use our collective
memory of TDF's history, our business experience and our community
experience to evaluate and (mostly help Florian) route to the correct
handler. By using a larger informal group operating by consensus we are
able to be responsive without creating undue risk. We have no authority -
any actions need to be taken by the board or its empowered delegates. We
save TDF a bunch of money on legal triage.

The list existed before I joined the Board six years ago (possibly even
when I was on the first MC) and I have been on it for a long time, with the
Board's consent. I am often the first responder to issues. I am not aware
of any documentation for it - it's just one of those things that gets
things done in a timely manner rather than consigning them forever to
discussion.

HTH,

Simon