Hello Michael,

thanks a lot for the follow-up!

Michael Weghorn wrote on 21.07.21 at 22:16:

To me as a non-native English speaker, the above sentence sounds a bit like there were already more specific plans than what I can remember from back then and I cannot remember (but might have missed) a follow-up discussion on the topic so far.

Apologies if that caused confusion - from what I am aware, there have been no further discussions. Chances are it was a topic in the ESC, but at least from the tendering side of things, there are no news yet. However...

Anyway, I think that having a good auto-updater makes sense in any case, regardless of what decision will be taken regarding a potential rolling release model in the end (and therefore think the tender makes sense in any case).

...indeed, while it's a prerequisite for the auto-updater, it provides quite some benefits also by itself. :-)