Hi Michael,

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 at 20:23:26 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
      To soothe my Sayre's Law rash, I'd be well up for simply turning that
bit off if that's easier for syadmin.

FWIW aside from its first paragraph, I was only wearing my TDF member
hat in my former message.  The overhead caused by that repository alone
(whether it's sourced from git.tdf or github) is negligible if I need to
maintain the instance in the first place.  Just like the overhead of
keeping the repository active (rw) on gerrit, weblate, dashboard, or
the project alive on bugzilla, etc.

My message was not driven by technical or workload concerns, I just find
the double standard between the different services strange, and I think
it'd be more consistent to drop it or update the refs back to where they
were when development was still under TDF umbrella.

cheers
--
Guilhem.