Re: [board-discuss] MCC questions ..

Did you mean that Daniel has no rights to speak out his question?  If
so, In what rules say only candidates can reply questions to MC candidates?

If no, then why did you ask such a question?

Simon Phipps 於 2020/9/4 下午9:47 寫道:
I was not aware you were a candidate, Daniel. Did I miss your nomination?

S.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 2:29 PM Daniel Armando Rodriguez
<drodriguez@documentfoundation.org
<mailto:drodriguez@documentfoundation.org>> wrote:

    El 2020-09-04 08:17, Michael Meeks escribió:
    > Hi Andreas,
    >
    > On 03/09/2020 19:59, Andreas Mantke wrote:
    >> b) TDF currently has 221 members and none of them asked any
    question
    >> the candidates!
    >>
    >> That's something to think long and hard about. What does this
    mean to
    >> the democratic culture of the foundation. It was created to get the
    >> members / contributors a voice and a say.
    >
    >       Fair enough =) good point - here are a few questions I
    came up with.
    > Please note - it is trivial to ask more questions in a few
    minutes than
    > can be answered in a lifetime - but here are a few things I'd
    love to
    > know
    > from each candidate:
    >
    >       What is the right list for that ? board-discuss I hope.
    >
    > * many MC members say they want to expand the membership.
    >   Given that LibreOffice is rather static in terms of its
    >   number of those involved in development: coding, UX,
    >   translation, documentation etc.
    >
    >       + how do you plan to gain lots of new contributors ?

    Don't need to be 'a lot'

    >       + Do you think we expand the membership by accpting
    >         more marginal contributions for membership cf.

     https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Membership_Role#Contributing

    What's the 'more marginal contributions' meaning?

    >       + what effect do you expect that to have on the project ?
    >
    > * If you've stood before, approximately how many people have
    >   you encouraged to apply for membership ?
    >
    > * How many applications have you voted against ?
    >
    > * Do you believe we should have a half-way house / badge
    >   between membership and non-membership that encourages
    >   a person, and gives the a path via more contribution to
    >   achieve full membership ?
    >
    > * When there are no concrete metrics (such as translated strings,
    >   code commits, wiki changes, ask comments, etc.) available to
    >   decide on a person's contribution; what is best practice for
    >   MC members vouching for their friends' contributions, and how
    >   should other MC members validate that ?
    >
    > * To what degree should the MC's decisions & discussion
    >   be transparent (ie. publicly available) ?

    Any relation to MC Open Letter?

    > * How do you believe we can improve the existing election
    >   system - assuming the statutes can be tweaked ?
    >       + I'm interested in where we have the situation that
    >         being too popular can stop you being able to
    >         engage at all as a deputy - as we saw with
    >         Miklos/Jona in the last MC election, and Kendy
    >         in the last Board election.

    'Too popular'? What about that tiny little issue callled affiliation?

    --
    DAR

--
Franklin Weng