[board-discuss] [DECISION] defer implementation of marketing plan draft

Hello,

the following decision, which was taken in private on 2020-07-20, is now made public in accordance with our statutes.

As proposed by Thorsten and Michael during Friday's board call, the board is asked to VOTE on the
following:

      The implementation of the marketing plan draft will be deferred.
      It will therefore not set in place for LibreOffice 7.0.
      A detailed new timeline for the decision making process will be communicated soon.

Rationale:

      1. We received a lot of truly appreciated, helpful and considerate feedback from the
community. Factoring the discussion into a decision needs
more time.
      2. Different perspectives and preferences were given in the public discussion. There seems no
clearly preferred approach yet.
      3. At the same time, several members of our Advisory Board asked us to reconsider the
marketing plan draft and take more time for a decision.

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 5 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.

The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

Result of vote: unanimous approval

Decision: The request has been accepted.
This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: floeff@documentfoundation.org