Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing

This thread seems to be conflating separate things:

On 14/07/2020 11:15, Michael Meeks wrote:
On 13/07/2020 22:07, Leo Moons wrote:
It strikes me that there's a lot of talk about large organizations,
that don't contribute to the community.

Meaning that:

1) large orgs should donate to TDF?
2) large orgs should buy services from ecosystem companies?
3) both?

These are largely different problems with different solutions.

[...] For
example when C'bra first went into business - we sunk Eur 100k+ into
a full-time sales & marketing person mostly focused on governments
for over a year. They were backed by great enthusiasm and a political
push from central government in the UK, net result: around zero
contribution.

This speaks to problem 2, which is first and foremost the responsibility of ecosystem companies to
solve, with secondary support from TDF [1].

Some interests are shared between TDF and companies, and some interests conflict, and that's right
and healthy in my view. For the sake of constructive debate let's keep clear who is being
recommended to do what.

Brainstorming potential ecosystem company strategy case-by-case could be a useful exercise, but I'm
frustrated when the problems and goals interchange and merge.

Thanks,

Sam.

1. Disclosure: I worked in the aforementioned marketing team as some of you know, and experienced
many challenges marketing LO products and services in that role