Re: [board-discuss] TDF's key goals now in Redmine

Hi William,

Am 22.06.20 um 13:07 schrieb William Gathoye (LibreOffice):
On 20/06/2020 13:15, Andreas Mantke wrote:

the community is not shrinking by the regular process of aging. The age
of a person is not the key of being a contributor, e.g. I started
contributing to an open source software project when I was 43 (not 42
and I'm active contributing since then.
I think the purpose here is to drive the attention of younger
contributors not fight/replace our elders. :) Some fresh air and
perceptions from the next generation is great to have to unsure the
success of the project for current and forthcoming generations of users.

could you please explain what is the next generation?

And why do you think that only younger people will bring 'fresh air and
perception' into the project?

I don't see such connection to the age of one.

Being myself from the youngest in the community, I have plenty of ideas
to fix this challenge and drive the attention of younger developers. :)
If I interpret the purpose of the Redmine ticket correctly it is not
targeted to developers. The LibreOffice project is not a developer
project only.

Having followed the project since its very inception (sept 2010) and
reading all mailing list messages, plus the fact I have been in charge
of the LibreOfficeFR Twitter account for 2 years, I have built a modest
list of drawbacks and expectations from the current gen of devs and
those to be.
Again: the project is not all about developers. It is and has to be more
than that.

That's why the idea of Redmine is great because, it will allow me to
keep track of current blockers. Thanks for the initiative.

Developers are only one part of the project but their work wouldn't be
successful without e.g. documentation, user support etc.
LibreOffice is not something like a software running on servers (not
visible and used by end users) but an office software targeted to end
user (with a different set of skills) (I know some of them e.g. from my
daily paid work).

Regards,
Andreas