Re: [board-discuss] Quarterly TDF 2020 Key Goals update

Hi Bjoern,

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote on 24/05/2020 10:31:

the new TDF board is in office now for a quarter already. At the last in person
meeting (FOSDEM, Bruessels), the board agreed to a set of seven goals for the
next year, each with one to four key results attached to them. I wonder if the
TDF membership can get an update by the board on these?

Thanks for reminding me (us). Well, not that it has been forgotten, but
somehow getting up to speed with the ideas formulated there takes more
time then we would like, and would have expected too.
But you are right that you ask. Also since you did IMO a great job in
moderating the meeting to come to these goals.

I understand from various smoke signs that the current board is in a stressful
situation right now. However, I hope looking back at the original goals of the
board at the start of this term might also help to focus its effort back on its
shared mission: Things to be remembered for.

That is very kind :) and yes it can help. However, things that consume
time&energy now, are not the ones that we can drop without some road to
solutions.
Last Friday at the board meeting a discussion on LibreOffice online took
place, after a topic handling Ecosystem & Sustainability. All in the
public part. It has been decided that four people will work on a start
document for a public discussion reg. this.
And the meeting before, it has been promised by the board to inform the
community on the status of the 'TDC project', the plan that envisions to
deal with products in app stores and possibly tendering and maybe more.
That update is to expected very soon.

I guess providing these updates as part of the next board meeting is reasonable
-- esp. if the minutes are published in due time. Otherwise communicating this
out-of-turn is fine for me too, if the board can agree on a position that way
faster.

An update on where we stand, looks perfectly doable to me. But I might
be wrong. However of course you may expect that we take your request and
suggestion serious.

Thanks and best regards,

Thanks for engaging :)

Cor