Re: [board-discuss] LOOL user experience

Hi,

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 10:29 PM Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

Hi!

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 9:06 PM Andras Timar <timar74@gmail.com> wrote:

I disagree. It's a myth. Yes, it can be hard, when firewalls, load
balancers, 50000 users etc. are involved. It's the case when one needs
professional support. But for the hobbyist, how hard is it to install CODE
with a few clicks in Univention, or to follow my "5 minute" guides?

I'm sure you have done a great job for suitably-skilled people wanting a
quick evaluation, but the truth is that approach only takes you to the
point where the questions start. I have tried to get a LiOn system running
at home and have not succeeded in getting anything I can leave running for
my family, unlike the Asterisk-based phone system we are using (on a Pi) or
the NextCloud appliance we have installed (Pi-based).

If there were binaries for Pi, probably installation would be easy. In
fact, I think that Pi support would be a nice community project and would
not hurt any commercial interest.

Regards,
Andras