Re: [board-discuss] Diversity Is Key?

Hi all,

Lothar Becker wrote on 03/12/2019 08:01:
Thanks all for the input for this issues.

Same feeling here.

I think the gender issue is realy serious but I agree also with Franklin
that there are additional issues of diversity we face. That was my

Indeed, which what I do not want to suggestion any order (or lacking of
that) in importance.

We all then should reach out, hearing and understanding these parts of
the community (or the missing/rare ones e.g. members from a missing
continent like Africa) and then acting in their benefit. If it then
turns out that we need a special role in sense of gender spokesperson in
which seat so ever, then thats it, or if we should reach open source
events in Africa to meet and encourage them, or have an international
scholarship programm for getting young contributers, we could decide
even with this new board. This is our responsibility then, if elected.

That was my idea too. There will be occasions where the board is able to
share work with a team, special group. In these situations it is good to
try to involve people from women and other groups that are under
represented.
Then gradually this will grow a situation where a wider variety of
people is active and willing to stand for a position in board, MC, ..

To stopp the process of election here I think that is a very complicated
idea.

If not impossible ;)

To hear and discuss a new way of nomination and seats with the
community for the next one In 2 years to avoid this current situation,

In general I've a stronger believe in enabling, lowering barriers, etc.
than in forcing by rules, but..

hearing and discussing these in the sense of having more transparency
between the bodies board, mb and members, I think this is a realy
crucial task for the new board, which I hope to help with.

.. I hope to be with you there ;)

Greetings,
Cor

--