Re: [board-discuss] Harassment and lack of code of conduct

Hi Bubli, thanks for raising the issue.

On 12/01/2017 12:24, Katarina Behrens wrote:

At the very least, in the absence of "real" code of conduct, a clear and
concise public statement (in what particular form, I don't quite care) should
be made by TDF that such behaviour ( = harassment, stalking, etc.) is not
going to be tolerated and the offenders are not going to get away with it.

I think we should have a real code of conduct. The community has grown
outside the traditional boundaries of FLOSS (where you might find only
nice people, although I am not sure at all), and as any sizeable
community extending the reach to social media should have a real code of
conduct (by the way, we usually have on for conferences, so it should
not be an issue to extend it to the community).

Related to that, there is no plan of action (or not one that I'd know of) how
to deal with incidents and what steps to take (on mailing lists, IRC, social
networks etc.) when things go wrong. Sure, it's perfectly clear to me that
those plans don't work most of the time and every case has to be dealt with
individually (sometimes e.g. hangout featuring both affected parties and a
mediator is a good solution, sometimes it's the worst thing you can possibly
think of), ...

Finding a single policy is indeed almost impossible.

But again, some public statement by TDF that incidents are going to be dealt
with, we're prepared to act and people are going to be helped when needed
should be made. It'd make people feel more safe.

Let's work on a real code of conduct. There are many around which can
fit our needs, and we can use as a basis for ours.

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email italo@libreoffice.org
hangout/jabber italo.vignoli@gmail.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0