[board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Preliminary results 2015 Elections TDF Board of Directors

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 11:32:18AM +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 02:18:26AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

     This piece matches my pocket calculation too =) and FWIW; I
think it's good to have Marina at the top of the list for several
reasons; though personally I'm not a fan of any special difference
between elected Directors based on ordering.

Yes, I think for future elections we should publish the elected
candidates in alphabetical order only. If we want to give hints to
the upcoming board who is a good candidate to become
Chairwomen/Chairman, we should list the first rank votes after the
name, but not the "order" of elected candidates from a voting system
that was never designed to provide a preference between the elected
candidates. For the selection of the Chairwomen/Chairman -- where
there is only one seat -- this vote actually makes a lot of sense.

From a naive POV, *yes* they provide a ranking, since one of these
persons would not have been elected if the number of people to elect
would be one less... Recurse, and you get a ranking. (This assumes
some stability to the algorithm...)

To choose a chairperson from the votes, we could pick the Condorcet
winner as Chairperson :) (there usually is one, even though not
mathematically guaranteed). (Unless the elected body chooses its own
chairperson which seems to be the case here.)

--
Lionel