[board-discuss] Candidate nomination

Dear members of the Foundation,

I would like to nominate Simon Phipps as candidate to the board of directors of the Document
Foundation.

Simon is not only a former executive of Sun Microsystems and an Open Source Software renowned
expert; he has been a contributor to the LibreOffice project and to the Foundation since its early
days. He has also served at our membership committee.

I believe Simon has the right skills, the talent and the vision to be a great member of the board
of directors of the Document Foundation. I would be happy if the members would elect him as a
director.

Best regards,

Charles-H. Schulz.