Re: [board-discuss] Design team leads

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Mirek M. <mazelm@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Astron told me that the idea to have positions within the design team was
not well-received and that I should discuss it with you. What do you find
problematic about having positions within the team?

To be clear, leads would be there to make sure that things get done, that
the process by which they get done produces the best results, and to resolve
controversial issues if they arise.

Just to pile up on what has already said:
'lead' has a loaded history in the project
so is the bestowing of 'title'.

That being said, as a team, the notion of coordinator is not offensive
per se, and as long as it is a de facto acknowledgement of a actual
function and not a de jure title it is perfectly fine imo.
But one is such coordinator because he/she is actually 'coordinating'
with the approval and agreement of the people being coordinated (no,
no need for an election or such.. if you need a formal election it is
already a 'fail')
This is a natural extension of the meritocratic principle at the core of TDF.

Norbert