[board-discuss] Re: nominating Volker Merschmann for the Board of Directors

Hi,

2013/11/27 Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>

I hereby nominate Volker Merschmann as a candidate for the next Board of
Directors.

Volker has been a volunteer of the project ever since, with many
contributions to the website and the project's public representation. In
all his doings, Volker has always considered the needs of localization,
documentation and other native language groups, and has a wide view on the
interests and requirements of the community.

Within LibreOffice specifically, Volker has been a strong contributor to
our wiki, which is a key tool for collaboration. He is bringing in his time
and experience not only to help editing wiki content and bringing structure
to it, but also with guiding new users and helping to combat spam - as
such, he has been a great support for the community.

Being located in Germany, Volker has also contributed to the local
marketing project, supporting the community on events like the CeBIT in
Hannover.

I enjoyed working with Volker for nearly a decade now, during which I met
him as trustworthy, honest, reliable, experienced and confident community
member.

For the new challenges TDF has to face, for developing it further, and for
including the wider community and their interest in this process, I think
he would be an ideal candidate for the next board, representing the
community, and I hope he accepts this nomination.

Thx Florian for the nomination. It is an honour for me.

I hereby accept my nomination as a candidate.

Full Name: Volker Merschmann
Mail: merschmann@gmail.com
no corporate affiliation

Most things about my life in and with OOo/LO/TDF have been told by the
nomination above.
In my "other life" I am working as a structural engineer in Hannover,
Germany. Although this deals with the computer all day calculating all the
houses, bridges, etc., there is no relation to LO/TDF in my work.

So I would like to participate in the board as a member of the wider
non-technical community.
There are a lot of people around at the mailing-lists, wiki and so on, who
are doing the small bits at the farer edges of the project.
They do not know how to write a patch, compiling the whole thing or even
just editing a web page. But they are valuable parts of the project, should
be heard, and therefore represented.

Volker

--
Volker Merschmann