[board-discuss] Candidacy for a BoD seat -- Bjoern Michaelsen

Dear Community, Members of the TDF, and Membership Committee,

I hereby state that I will be running again for a Board of Directors seat with
The Document Foundation.

Im Bjoern Michaelsen, the Ubuntu maintainer for LibreOffice and am working for
Canonical. I have been elected to be a deputy to the board of directors of the
Document Foundation in the previous (and first) election, and am serving as a
full member of the board starting this month.

In the LibreOffice project and at the Document Foundation I am not the master
of any one trade (except maybe the packaging of LibreOffice on Ubuntu) and
rather tried myself as a jack of all trades, helping whereever I am needed at a
given moment.

As such, during the last two years I at one point or another:
 - helped moving LibreOffice completely to the new gbuild build system
 - helped integrating LibreOffice in Unity, PackageKit
 - initiated, build and updated bibisect to hunt down regression hard and
   mercilessly
 - did various bugfixes
 - sometimes helped out with LibreOffice packaging on Debian
 - helped investigating investment opportunities for the TDF funds
 - organized, led and helped kickstarting the regular LibreOffice QA calls
 - being the liason engineer between Ubuntu and LibreOffice (esp. for QA, but
   also preparing ~all official releases of LibreOffice on Ubuntu)
 - helped coordinate and organize LibreOffice conferences
 - initiated and helped organizing the various LibreOffice Hackfests and events
   (e.g. Hamburg, Freiburg, Dresden, Munich, Silicon Valley)
 - represented LibreOffice on various conferences and events (e.g. FISL in BR,
   FOSDEM, Chaos Communication Congress in Berlin/Hamburg, LinuxTag, countless
   Ubuntu Development Summits ...)
 - helped steamlining the EasyHacks idea into bugzilla for onboarding of
   newcomers
 - did my part in coordinating and starting gerrit to make code review on
   LibreOffice a lot easier and clearing the road for more CI in LibreOffice
 - administrated the TDF QA Budget
 - did my duty on the ESC, took part in almost all calls, resolved countless
   action items, stepped in to lead and minute that call a few times
 - represented TDF and LibreOffice as a Stiftung in Germany on various
   occasions
 - some work on LibreOffice certification, esp. on the developer certification
   committee
 - ...

And likely a lot of other things I forgot to mention here. As a member of the
board, I plan to continue to push the project forward as I did as a deputy.

Best,

Bjoern

P.S.: If you want to crosscheck what I said before my election years ago, and
if the actions I took after being elected as an deputy are consistent with
that, here is a reference:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Candidacy-for-Board-of-Directors-seat-Bjoern-Michaelsen-tp3372142.html