Re: [board-discuss] asking permission to use name / logo

Cor Nouws wrote:
As some of you have may heard, I am planning the start of a
libreoffice-trainingcenter in my town Arnhem (Netherlands). Of
course as part of the activities of my company Nou&Off.

Hi Cor,

this is great news - the best of luck & good business with that new
endeavour!

1. The url I would like to use is " libreoffice-trainingcenter.nl "
Maybe for some limited time (two years or so).
A clear link to the important position of LibreOffice

Sounds good to me.

3. I would be lovely to use the document-part of the logo somewhere
in a logo/picture in the heading of the website.

4. Further I think it's great to have the full logo, without TDF
line, placed at the footer of the site somehere,

5. Enclosed you find a document with three possibilities for a
'logo' at the header of the website of the trainingcenter.
  A is the one that a designer drafted after my initial info.
  B is extended mentioning OO
  C is a different approach.

For a number of reasons, I like the A proposal best. For item 4, it is
expressly permitted to use the community logo when providing services
around LibreOffice. :)

Just from a design perspective, the paper clip could use a bit more
spacing; IIRC the recommendation was to have ~half the logo width as
space between it and surrounding text or graphical elements.

Would like opinions & permission for at least the url (1), the logo
(4) and I guess and maybe also for the document part of the logo(3)
?

I would be supportive of that request.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten